Want to know how to start a WordPress blog without coding knowledge? Yes, we will tell you, how to start a blog website free guide step by step and make money online. We trying to understand how to create a WordPress blog. Let’s see.
In this article, you will find a fully covered, step-by-step free guide to starting your blog. You’ll find all the topics related to creating a blog website described here, A to Z.
The first question is, what are the minimum requirements of starting a WordPress blog?
Firstly, there are two important things one needs to create a WordPress blog:
- An idea about the perfect domain name (this will be the link name of the blog you’ll write, such as wplecture.com) You can know more about how to choose the perfect Domain name from our previous article.
- A domain web hosting shows where your website database or information is hosted (the place where your website will reside on the internet)
To wrap things up, you will need to give your total focus for half an hour to customize and get started with your WordPress site.
Are you ready to start the free WordPress blogging website? In this article, you’ll find a bit by bit walkthrough of the entire method.
In this article about WordPress website guide, we will cover:
- How to set up your Domain Name and Hosting in WordPress Website
- How to install the free WordPress software
- How to write your first blog post
- How to change your blog appearance
- How to install Themes, where to find WordPress themes
- How to install Plugins, where to find WordPress plugins
- How to customize WordPress themes
- How to make money out of your blog
Let’s get started.
Setting up your WordPress blog
The most significant error amateurs make when creating a blog is picking an inappropriate blogging stage. Fortunately, you’re here, and we’re here to help you not to commit that error.
To a considerable percentage of clients, it makes more sense to utilize WordPress.org.
Why? Because it is free to utilize, you’ll be able to introduce plugins, customize your blog plan, and most vitally make cash from your web journal without any limitations since it’s a self-hosted blogging platform.
Presently you may be thinking, why is WordPress free? It’s free since you’ve got to do the setup and host it yourself.
Making your web journal available to individuals around the globe requires two things:
- Domain – This will be your blog’s permanent address. A domain name is what individuals sort to induce to your site. It’s your website’s address on the web. You can know more about how to choose the perfect Domain name from our previous article.
- Hosting – It can be the motor that powers your location. Whereas you don’t see it, every single site on the web contains a hosting power to it.
Web hosting is where your site records live host all information and content as a database. Each site needs web hosting having a secured website.
A domain name generally costs around $14.99 / year, and web hosting usually costs $7.99 / month, which is a lot of money for beginners who are starting. Thereby, we’ve tried and tested the performance and unwavering quality of these hosts. And after the testing, we prescribe Namecheap to modern WordPress bloggers. Here’s why:
- It’s reasonable. You’ll be able to have your site for the cost of the bare minimum each month – NameCheap works at $8.88 per year for .com domain and $12.98 per year for .net domains during sign-up with renewal fees costing $10.98 per year for a .com domain and $14.98 per year for a .net.
- You can effortlessly introduce WordPress. With the right clicks, you’ll be able to dispatch the WordPress computer program and have a working web journal without any tech information.
- It has enough performance and utility to induce you to begin. When you’re just starting, NameCheap offers a bounty of performance to keep your site loading.
It’s the lowest price you could get to form a WordPress blog. Namecheap is one of the oldest web facilitating companies on the internet. They are the most significant brand title when it comes to WordPress promoting since they have millions of websites.
How to buy your domain name and hosting
To start with the process, click here to go to the Sign-up page. Then:
Note: NameCheap customer support is very fast and valuable for 24/7.
- You have to navigate to the sign-up page first. This page is reachable by clicking “SIGN UP” in the upper-left corner of the main website.
- Enter the domain name for your website.
- You must add your account information and complete the process.
Once completed, you may get an email with subtle elements on how to log in to your web hosting control board (cPanel). Typically, where you manage everything from support, emails, among other things. But most vitally, usually where you install WordPress.
Installing the free WordPress software
To create a WordPress blog, you’ll need to install the WordPress Software. If you want to know more about how to download WordPress from Namecheap, click here. After you’ve completed the sign-up handle within the last step, you ought to have gotten an email from NameCheap with points of interest on how to log in to the NameCheap Customer Area. From all that information, you must log in to NameCheap.
After logging in, Namecheap will allow you a basic installation wizard that takes you through the method of introducing WordPress on your new site.
Firstly you have to log into your cPanel. After the previous step, select the Softaculous Apps Installer icon. Namecheap’s users will be able to follow this guide to installing Softaculous. Then you have to click the WordPress logo. Furthermore, click the Install tab to proceed.
On this page, you need to fill out the details of your WordPress installation.
Then, you can input all the vital points of interest for your site’s title and the username/password that you’ll utilize to manage your WordPress blog.
Once you wrap up the installation, you’ll be able to get to your web blog’s dashboard by reaching to yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
Writing your first blog post:
Now that most of your setting up procedure is done, you may start writing. Don’t be scared, just go for whatever you want to write!
- To write a blog post, hover over to “Posts” and click “Add New.” It will launch the WordPress Editor, which lets you type in your web journal posts employing a truly intuitive block system.
- To include text or pieces of your writings, just click and start typing. For adding pictures or set in a YouTube video, you’ll be able to include new “blocks.”
- Once finished with your writing, click on the “Publish” button to make your blog post publicly available.
How to change the looks of your blog
Once you make a WordPress web blog, one of the significant benefits that you just get is getting to WordPress’s massive collection of subjects and plugins.
The two main customization types are –
- i) Themes, which change how your blog looks.
- ii) Plugins, which increase your blog’s workability.
When you make a WordPress web journal, you automatically start with the active default theme. But there are thousands of topics accessible for WordPress, so you’re by no implies constrained to that limited selection.
The preview of your topic may not be as appeared within the screenshot, which is ordinary as you get to customize and set it up afterward. What you would like to search for is the design, colors, typography, and other components.
After finding your preferred theme,
- Click on the install button. You have to wait for the theme to install.
- After the previous step is complete, the install button will turn into an Activate button. You need to click on that precise button to activate the theme.
The leading tip for choosing the ideal WordPress topic is to endeavor for simplicity in design. It makes a big difference when you keep things clean and bright, whereas advertising a great experience to your readers.
A question may arise in your mind, where can you find WordPress themes for your blog?
When you choose a WordPress theme, you’ll have the choice between free and premium themes. Premium themes often have more detailed designs than the free ones, with no other notable change.
To discover free themes, the most beautiful place to look is the official WordPress.org theme registry. Another healthy alternative is Just Free Themes for a more curated approach.
To discover premium topics, you’ll require other sites. A few great choices are ThemeForest, ThemeIsle, and StudioPress.
You will choose from here The best WordPress premium themes for your blog
How to install a WordPress theme
Once you’ve found the theme that you love, WordPress makes it easy to add that theme to your site.
- Click over “Appearance”.
- Click on “Themes”.
- Select the “Add New button”.
- If you want a free theme at WordPress.org, search for the theme name and select Installation.
- If you’ve already purchased a premium theme, select the Upload Theme button and input the ZIP file which you should have received after purchasing the item.
- After installing the theme, click the Activate button to make it useful on your site.
How to add plugins to your blog
While themes are mostly about how your blog is going to look appearance-wise, plugins are more focused on helping you add accessibility, practicability, and functionality to your blog.
Plugins allow you to add things like:
- Social network reachability buttons
- Forms of contact
- Improved Search Engine Optimization tools
The Best SEO(Search Engine Optimization) free plugins
And much more. Any thinkable feature probably has a plugin for it because the WordPress community offers thousands of free as well as premium plugins.
How to find WordPress plugins suitable for your blog
Like themes, there are plenty of available options for plugins, both free and premium.
The excellent place where you must look for free plugins is at the WordPress.org plugin directory, where you’ll find thousands of plugins.
For premium plugins, the best way is to search on Google and buy it from a well-known developer who specializes in this field.
Essential WordPress plugins :
There are some plugins that benefit all blogs. You will find all the free plugins in WordPress org.
Many plugins are specializing in specific niches, but there are a few plugins that can benefit any general blog. Some of our suggestions include UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin, Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights, Yoast SEO, WP Super Cache, Wordfence Security, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Social Media Share Buttons & Analytics, WPForms, Otimole, and many more…
How to install WordPress plugins
Here’s the quick version on the installation of plugins:
- Go to Plugins
- Click on “Add New”
- If you got a free plugin at WordPress.org, search for the plugin by name and click “Install Now.”
- If you’ve purchased a premium plugin, click the Upload Plugin button and input the ZIP file, which you should have received after purchasing the plugin.
- Activate the plugin after installing it
You can also manage your plugins anytime.
How to customize your WordPress theme further:
Something called the WordPress Customizer is used for extensive customization.
First, you have to go to “Appearance,” then click on “Customize.”
In this way, you can:
- Make changes by utilizing the alternatives on the left.
- See a real-time difference on the site preview over the right.
- Make your changes active by clicking Save & Publish.
How to make money out of your WordPress blog:
Now that the creation of your WordPress account is complete, and you have it customized according to your liking, you must wonder how to monetize your blog.
In our article, we’ll be covering how you can make money out of your WordPress blog very practicably without the usage of vague shortcuts.
Use Google Adsense:
The most significant platform for content creators and product promoters is Google Adsense. You can make money out of advertisement revenue with the help of Google Adsense easily. All you have to do is click here to get started with it.
The second most convenient way of making money through your blog is promoting products and getting profit out of it. To the content creators’ advantage, there are many affiliate plugins and themes available on WordPress for the workability of Affiliate Marketing.
You may buy premium affiliate themes because there are a lot of affiliate marketing features available in the themes. If you need to choose what kind of themes you need, you can go to the market.
Making your blog an online marketplace for selling various types of products is an excellent way to monetize your WordPress site. Through online marketing, you can also turn your blog into a site providing courses, premium content, and a teaching platform.
Now that you’re done with the ABCs setting up a blog, you must invest your time and brainstorm ideas about content strategy, figuring out blog ideas and ways to get more visitors to your blog.
You must remember, the more effort you put into your blog, the more outcome and profit you’re going to be receiving.
We utterly hope you’ve found our article to be fruitful for you, and now we wish you the best to go out there and make your blog prosper!